As 2021 draws to a close, we know that many of you are preparing for the end of the year and the end of the fall semester. This means you'll likely be thinking about how to best communicate building closures to your patrons, work out holiday coverage plans, and update policies and documentation for the new year. We always aim to be as helpful as possible here at Springshare so we've gathered a list of useful tidbits from our training experts to help you through these next few weeks!
Your Springshare End of the Year Checklist
Holiday Scheduling with LibStaffer, LibCal, and Pickup Manager
- Review how to change or add exceptions to your regular LibCal hours of operation with this 4 minute SpringyU Block.
- Make sure you've accounted for holidays in LibStaffer, too! Adding holidays is a snap.
- Edit your hours and email notifications in Pickup Manager so your patrons know when they will be able to pick up available holds.
- A new semester means new student workers! Create new LibStaffer accounts for incoming student employees and manage existing accounts.
Keep Staff & Patrons in the Loop with LibConnect and LibAnswers
- Send out an end-of-year newsletter for patrons or staff using one of LibConnect's email templates.
- Create a canned message and ticket macro in LibAnswers with information about changes to your hours of operation - this will save time and keep responses consistent.
- Update your LibAnswers FAQs - this training video covers using widgets to streamline content,
scheduling publishing dates, and more!
Just for Fun
Reminder! Upcoming Springshare Support Schedule
Closed (Including Training & Social Media)
We'll be monitoring for emergencies only. All non-emergency questions will be answered when we reopen.
Friday, Dec 24
Monday, Dec 27
Friday, Dec 31
Reduced support hours (9am-5pm U.S. EST):
Monday, Dec 27 – Thursday, Dec 30
Springshare 24/7/365 Global Reference Will Be Open!
Our Springshare 24/7 global reference service, which backs up your reference chat service with MLIS-degreed librarians, will be open! When we say 365 days a year, we mean it. 🙂
If you’re interested in adding 24/7/365 chat coverage to your reference outreach, contact us at email@example.com.