The end of the year is almost upon us! We're here to show you how to prep your Springshare tools for staff vacations and shifting hours - so your final week of 2023 goes as smoothly as possible!
So before you set that Out-of-Office message, make sure you take a look at this handy guide that our wonderful Springy Support Team has put together. This guide will give you all the quick tips you need for preparing your LibAnswers, LibCal, and LibStaffer for holidays or changing schedules.
Here's what's inside:
- LibAnswers Tips - How to activate automatic email confirmation messages, add a message or alert box to your LibAnswers homepage, set up customized ticket alerts to easily monitor for problems, and more!
- LibCal Prep - Instructions for adding hours exceptions for specific dates, how to use weekly hours templates for special schedules, a refresher for updating your Appointments availability times, and a few other items.
- LibStaffer Essentials - How to add and manage holidays, send emails to staff assigned to a schedule, generate a time-off report, and other helpful tidbits.
Springshare Holiday Support Schedule
Springshare Support, Training, and Social will be closed:
- Monday, December 25
- Tuesday, December 26
- Monday, January 1, 2024
We will be monitoring for emergencies only during this time. All non-emergency questions will be answered when we reopen.
Reduced support hours (9am-5pm U.S. EST):
Wednesday, Dec 27 – Friday, Dec 29
Springshare 24/7/365 Global Reference Will Be Open!
Our Springshare 24/7 global reference service, which backs up your reference chat service with MLIS-degreed librarians, will be open! When we say 365 days a year, we mean it.
If you're interested in adding 24/7/365 chat coverage to your reference outreach, contact us.
Still Working? We've Got Resources!
If you're working over this holiday season and need help or assistance, we have some great tools to find help at any time!
1. Ask Our Support Site
Based on the numbers, we suspect you're already well acquainted with our support site - if you have a question during our closure, you may find the answer there. You can search for documentation or training videos by product or topic.
2. Learn From Your Colleagues - Check the Lounge
Trying to work out a tricky bit of code? Wondering how folks are handling event registration? Check out what other users are discussing in the Springshare Lounge! While you're there, catch up on updates about new features and fixes for our Springy tools.
3. Access Self-Paced Learning Anytime
4. Stay in the Know
Wishing you a very happy holiday season! We'll see you next year!
- The Springy Team