We have lots of exciting updates to share with you in our February release! From our all new Chatbot functionality, to nested subject categories in LibGuides, to better field rule management in LibWizard and accessibility improvements across the board, these releases truly have something for everyone!
These releases are on their way to you next week, and will be live in all regions by the end of the day on Friday, February 24, 2023. LibGuides and LibApps will release a week later, and they will be live in all regions by the end of the day on Friday March 3rd, 2023.
- We've expanded the power & flexibility of the Appointments Booking Explorer by adding two new features!
- A new Grouping option where search results can be grouped by Patron Email or by LibCal Appointment User.
The ability to multi-select Locations, Groups & Categories (if active) is now available for use.
- You can now set BCC emails for booking confirmation emails at the category level.
- We've added support for Same Day Equipment Bookings, which will require equipment to be checked out and returned on the same day.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibCal February Release post!
Training resources for LibCal: live sessions | recorded sessions | SpringyU self-paced learning
- Chatbot is now available: Chatbot will be live in all full LibAnswers systems by Friday, February 24th. Head to LibChat > Chatbot to check it out!
- Chatbot will be available in all Full LibAnswers Systems but will not be visible to patrons on your public pages. Chatbot being available in your site does not mean patrons will see it automatically. You must specifically create a Chatbot flow and add it to any of your existing chat widgets for it to be seen by your patrons.
- Note: Chatbot is not available in Shared Group Systems or LibAnswers Lite (Chat Only) systems. To learn more about adding Chatbot to your system in these instances, email your Sales Rep!
- You can now customize the "New Ticket" alert email template for the alert sent to LibAnswers Account holders when a new ticket is routed to them.
- In certain email templates, the ticket ID token is now supported to show a Ticket ID as part of the email subject.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibAnswers February Release post!
Training resources for LibAnswers: live sessions | recorded sessions | SpringyU self-paced learning
- We're adding support for nested subject categories. This helps you make long subject lists less overwhelming by dividing them into one-level deep subcategories!
- We've included many accessibility updates and fixes.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibGuides February Release post and the LibApps Release post!
Training resources for LibGuides: live sessions | recorded sessions
Training resources for LibApps: recorded sessions
- We've added Organization filters to the People reports, so you can take advantage of cross-filtering by combining People and Organization filters.
- We've added the ability to concatenate values when using the "Update Only" or "Create & Update" type of imports, so you can add the new values being uploaded instead of always overwriting existing fields.
- We've added a new rule to ensure that when a new profile is created, the system checks if there are any interactions in the "Needs Review" status that can be associated with the profile in question. If these exist, we'll automatically associate the "Needs Review" interactions with the new profile and remove the "Needs Review" status.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibConnect February Release post!
Training resources for LibConnect: recorded sessions
- We've added a new chart type for the dashboard called the "Single Value" chart
- You can now add filters to your custom datasets within your Dashboard
- Check out the new LibWizard dataset! Analyze submission patterns for any of your LibWizard forms. Keep an eye on these new datasets as we'll be adding field-level sync'ing in an upcoming update!
For more details on this and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibInsight December Release post!
Training resources for LibInsight: recorded sessions
- We've added an all new Shift Template option, so you can create templates for shifts that your library uses frequently and apply them any time you're creating a new schedule.
- Regular level account users who are responsible for supervising other staff members will now be able to see those that they supervise in the Time Off area.
- We've made additional improvements to the Time Off Approvals page for easier sorting/viewing of Time Off records, to make it easier to determine if a request is a partial, full or multiple days request.
For more details on this and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibStaffer February Release post!
Training resources for LibStaffer: recorded sessions
- We have the Trash Bin feature for all your Form types! Forms (and all of their associated responses) which are sent to the Trash will be retained for 30 days before being permanently deleted.
- We've updated the Field Rules UI to provide a dedicated page for managing Field Rules.
For more details on this and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibWizard February Release post!
Training resources for LibWizard: recorded sessions