The Springy Team is heading to the ALA LibLearnX in New Orleans, LA (Booth #913) from Friday, January 27th - 30th, and we can't wait to see you there! We have a great lineup of flash presentations from Springy experts, plus two guest speakers! Trevor Smith from Douglas College will be presenting on using LibAnswers data to analyze and see long-term trends in reference desk usage and Sussy Reyes from Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas will be joining us remotely from Peru and will be presenting, en español, on Specialized Counseling: Support Service in the Teaching and Learning Process.
For those of you not attending ALA LibLearnX, don't worry - we've got several presentations streaming live from our Facebook page that you won't want to miss! You don't need a Facebook account to tune in, simply navigate to our Facebook page and ignore the prompts to sign in. We recommend that you go to our Facebook page a few minutes before the scheduled start time.
For Sussy's presentation, Specialized Counseling: Support Service in the Teaching and Learning Process, you have two ways to watch. Either watch live from our Facebook Page at the session start time, or register for the session and get a link to watch the webinar via Zoom. More information below.
Planning to visit our booth #913?
Your health and safety is important to us. In accordance with LLX ALA Policy, masks are strongly recommended at all events, venues, hotels, and convention center.
Exhibit Hall Hours (all times listed in Central Standard Time):
- Saturday, January 28, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday, January 29, 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Monday, January 30, 9:00am – 12:00pm
Extend Your LibAnswers Data
(Trevor Smith, Douglas College)
Guest Presenter (Streamed live on Facebook)
Asesorías especializadas: servicio de apoyo en el proceso de enseñanza y aprendizaje. Una experiencia de la Biblioteca UPC
(Sussy Reyes, UPC Library)
Guest Presentation (en español without English translation)
Hay dos formas de asistir:
- Si desea ver la sesión a través de Facebook Live, simplemente siga el enlace en nuestra página de Facebook en la fecha/hora de la sesión. No es necesario registrarse.
- Si desea ver la sesión a través de Zoom, regístrese para la sesión a continuación. Una hora antes de que comience la sesión, le enviaremos por correo electrónico un enlace de Zoom a la sesión.
Two Ways to Watch! Here's How:
- If you want to watch the session via Facebook Live, just follow the link to our Facebook page at the date/time of the session. No registration needed.
- If you want to watch the session via Zoom, register for the session above. One hour before the session start time, we will email you a link to the session so you can watch via Zoom.
Specialized Counseling: Support Service in the Teaching and Learning Process. An Experience of the UPC Library
Join us to learn how the team of Librarians from the UPC library provides specialized services to students and teachers using their subscription to Springshare products (LibGuides, LibAnswers, and LibCal). These services seek to answer queries and aid library users in the preparation of their academic work, research, and course planning, through online sessions via MS Teams. Specific topics covered in these consulting sessions for students and faculty include APA standards, plagiarism testing tools (SafeAssign and TurnItIn), effective research skills, citation management (Mendeley and EndNote), Bibliometric Analysis, and general information management skills.
Flash Presentation Schedule (Selectively Streaming Sessions on Facebook)
All times listed in U.S. Central Standard Time
New LibGuides A-Z Features - The LibGuides A-Z List is getting a bunch of new features like individual database A-Z landing pages, card-style layout, pagination, access mode filtering, and more! We'll explore these new features and have time for Q & A.
- Saturday, January 28 - 11am - 11:15am CST
- Monday, January 30 - 10:30am - 10:45am CST (Streamed Live on Facebook)
LibCal Lending Hub - Explore New eTickets Functionality - The new LibCal Museum & Passes eTickets functionality combined with the Equipment Booking module creates a robust Lending Hub. We'll explore this new functionality, which allows for both physical Tickets picked up at the library and eTickets delivered directly to your patron's inbox.
- Saturday, January 28 - 1pm - 1:15pm CST
- Monday, January 30 - 11:30am - 11:45am CST (Streamed Live on Facebook)
Explore LibAnswers Chatbot - In this live demo, we'll show you how Chatbot can gather patron information, provide folks with a selection of FAQs to answer common questions, pass requests over to your live chat operators, and more!
- Sunday, January 29 - 2pm - 2:15pm CST (Streamed Live on Facebook)
Goodies & Swag
No conference is complete without some swag, and we're bringing some fun goodies to ALA LibLearnX! Stop by our booth to pick up your very own Springshare stickers, buttons, and pens.
We hope to see you there!