Here at SpringyHQ, we can't believe that December has already arrived! To celebrate the end of another year with our awesome Springy community, we're bringing you one last release.
These releases are on their way to you next week, and will be live in all regions by the end of the day on Friday, December 16, 2022.
- We're excited to introduce LibCal's Museum & Passes eTickets functionality, bringing you more functionality at no additional cost to the existing Equipment Booking module. This creates a robust Lending Hub where you can:
- Create a visual catalog of items your library lends
- Control lending of physical museum/zoo passes
- Issue and manage downloadable ePasses for museums, zoos, and other venues
- We've added a new "visibility" option to Seats/Spaces, to return private & admin-only categories.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibCal December Release post!
- Auto-Reply Confirmation Emails are here! You can now set up queue-level auto-response messages to go out to your users after they've submitted a new ticket. This is a great way to help manage patron expectations around replies while your library is closed, both when your library is closed for the day, and for extended holiday breaks!
- You can now export Missed Chats across a date range or via individually selected transcripts.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibAnswers December Release post!
- We've added new API endpoints for many of our existing LibGuides APIs. The new 1.2 (read only) APIs are fully compatible with OAuth authentication tokens for greater application security. We recommend upgrading your API integrations from 1.1 to the new 1.2 APIs in the coming months.
- We've addressed a slew of accessibility improvements to the guide editor, admin side pages, and public widgets.
Please note: as indicated in our previous release notes, we will be removing any LibGuides 1 to LibGuides 2 redirects as part of our March release. Please head to the lounge release post for detailed info on identifying any remaining v1 links in your system and updating them using the Search and Replace tool.
Training resources for LibApps: recorded sessions
- You can now edit LibCal interactions in LibConnect, to add more contextual information, including Types, to these interactions.
- You can now add a child project while editing a main project, making it easy to create multiple children from a parent project.
- We've addressed several accessibility issues in LibConnect's UI.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibConnect December Release post!
Training resources for LibConnect: recorded sessions
- We've added the date format validations on Counts/Aggregate dataset data file upload process!
- We've simplified the process of creating a LibGuides dataset.
For more details on this and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibInsight December Release post!
Training resources for LibInsight: recorded sessions
- We've updated the Tutorial Editor UI! We've removed the clunky accordion settings section and moved those settings to their own tab. You'll be able to add slides by dragging and dropping to the Slide Area or double-clicking on the slide type in the left panel, similar to how you add a field to a form.
- We've addressed several accessibility issues in the editor interface, adding a skip nav option to bypass the menu bar and jump to the content area, as well as updating the focus order on form settings pages.
For more details on this and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibWizard December Release post!
Training resources for LibWizard: recorded sessions