This newest tool is coming early October, and is designed to streamline your holds pickup workflows and empower patrons to pick up their library items quickly and safely at their convenience – per COVID-19 guidelines and beyond, too!
Key Points about the Pickup Manager:
- Fully integrates with your ILS for streamlined hold workflows.
- Works great with LibCal’s Equipment Booking Module for equipment or museum/zoo pass lending.
- Provides great statistics and analytics helping you increase user satisfaction and improve your holds service.
- Just like all other Springy tools – it is affordable.
Bottomline, you and your patrons are going to love the awesome functionality that Pickup Manager offers and you’ll never want to do holds pickups “the old way” again. 😊
How Does it Work?
- Patron requests a hold in your ILS.
- When items are ready, your ILS sends an email with the link to our pickup scheduler in LibCal. (customized emails from Pickup Manager coming soon).
- Already a LibCal user? You’ll be able to designate locations in the Admin > Spaces area to connect to the Pickup Manager.
- Not a LibCal user? No worries, just contact us!
- Patron reserves their preferred time & location using our easy-to-use booking interface in LibCal.
- ‘Today’s Scheduled Pickups’ on the Dashboard helps you prepare today’s items.
- When the patron arrives, they SMS/Text you with a customized keyword using your LibAnswers SMS number. The Pickup Manager recognizes the patron and alerts you of their hold details so you can easily grab and deliver their items.
- Already a LibAnswers user? You’ll designate which SMS number should be connected to the Pickup Manager. You can designate multiple SMS numbers with your Pickup Manager!
- Not a LibAnswers user? No worries, just contact us!
- If needed, you can communicate back-and-forth with the patron about their pickup via SMS/Text – all from the Pickup Manager dashboard.
- Coming Soon: When items are picked up, the Pickup Manager marks the item as picked up in the patron’s ILS record, too.
- If patrons text that they’ve arrived outside of your hours of operation, Pickup Manager automatically texts them back with a customizable message letting them know that your service is closed for the day.
Want the Communication but Not Scheduling Part?
Like with all our Springshare Tools, we like to brainstorm all the potential possible implementations and come up with solutions for everyone. Our Pickup Manager is no different. So if you’re interested in the Communication side, but not the Scheduling component, we’ve got you covered.
Pickup Manager Streamlines Your Workflows, Too!
- At-a-glance view of holds activity – what is being picked up today, tomorrow, and in the future.
- Statistics on completed pickups and analytics on popular day/time pickups, late arrivals, etc.
- Send reminders to patrons who haven’t picked up their items.
- (Coming soon) customize the hold notification emails sent to patrons.
Manage Pickups for Everything You Circulate
Pickup Manager also integrates with LibCal’s Equipment Booking Module. Whether your patrons are picking up a book hold or a laptop, camera, museum/zoo pass or really anything from your library-of-things inventory via the Equipment Booking module, the Pickup Manager has you covered.
What More Information?
Early next month, we’ll announce sneak-peek webinars on Pickup Manager on our Sneak-Peek Calendar.
Want to be contacted when Pickup Manager is released? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the Early Access list.