LibCal, LibAnswers, LibConnect, & LibInsight releases are on their way to you next week, and will be live in all regions by the end of day on Friday, May 27, 2022.
LibGuides/LibApps release will be live in all regions by the end of day on Friday, June 3, 2022.
- The credit card payment screen now supports Name & Zip Code for payments.
- Admin-side users can trigger and submit credit card payments for pending bookings from the admin pages.
A note about Microsoft Exchange Online & the Basic Auth Method:
Recently, Microsoft notified customers still using Basic Auth protocols for Exchange Online that they will begin turning off the Basic Auth option randomly starting in the next 3-4 months.
This change will impact the Exchange/Outlook calendar sync for customers who are using the Basic Authentication/EWS method to connect the integration (this excludes those using on-premises Exchange setups). Although Microsoft will be discontinuing Basic Auth support for Exchange Online, LibCal & LibStaffer both support the OAuth/Microsoft Azure connection method for syncing with Exchange Online accounts. We have documentation to help you make the transition from Basic Authentication/EWS to OAuth available here: https://ask.springshare.com/libcal/faq/2463
If you aren’t sure if your Outlook is using Exchange Online, please reach out to your local IT department to confirm. If you have any questions about setting up the integration, please feel free to contact our Support team via the Ask Form!
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibCal May Release post!
Training resources for LibCal: live sessions | recorded sessions | SpringyU self-paced learning
- LibChat Widgets can now have required custom questions!
- FAQ statistics have been expanded and broken out into a "Created FAQs" tab and an "FAQ Activity" tab.
- Users can now schedule changes to their "Out of Office" status in advance.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibAnswers May Release post!
Training resources for LibAnswers: live sessions | recorded sessions | SpringyU self-paced learning
- Taking LTI to the Next Level (Literally!): we've brought support for Desire2Learn Brightspace up to the latest and greatest version 1.3 of the LTI standard, added graceful handling of blocked third-party cookies, and have run an exhaustive battery of tests to obtain official certification of our LTI 1.3 tools through IMS Global.
- Our new search engine has been rolled out to all LibGuides sites, with more power, and more intuitive relevancy.
- Customers using Google authentication (GSuite-type institutions) can use a simplified, Google-specific process for setting up single-sign on instead of wrestling with the details of OAuth.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibGuides May Release post and the LibApps Release post!
Training resources for LibGuides: live sessions | recorded sessions
Training resources for LibApps: recorded sessions
LibConnect 2.0 is here! Next week, we will be releasing the first stage of the revamped system. Here are some highlights:
- We have created a full new flow for importing data into the system. It will allow you to Create & Update profiles as well as Create interactions.
- We have modernized the UI of the platform, focusing on user experience and optimizing site performance for a more efficient experience.
- We have reworked the Profile pages, Interactions, System Configuration, Projects, and Tasks modules.
- We have improved the search functionality to support custom fields.
For more details on these and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibConnect May Release post!
Training resources for LibConnect: recorded sessions
- We've added the Access_Type COUNTER 5 SUSHI fetch filter on the SUSHI Provider side
- We've added the Data_Type COUNTER 5 SUSHI fetch filter
For more details on this and more, head over to the Lounge’s LibInsight May Release post!
Training resources for LibInsight: recorded sessions