The leaves are off the trees, we are eyeing our (single household only!) Thanksgiving menus here Springy HQ, and we have some awesome new features for you. These releases are on their way to you next week, and will be live in all regions by the end of the day on Friday, November 20.
We have heard from quite a number of you that creating copies of all assets when you copy a guide has created some asset clutter, so we’re changing this a bit! Now, by default, when you copy a guide, all assets in that guide are mapped to the original guide. If you would still like to create new copies of all assets in a guide that you are copying, you can check the box labeled “Create copies of the guide’s assets rather than mapping to the original,” as pictured below.
This change will quickly allow you to create content from blueprint guides without cluttering up your Asset Repository. You’ll still be able to delete unwanted assets, boxes, or pages, and add new ones if you wish, but you’ll be making better use of existing content by mapping.
Please note that copying a guide from the Community has not changed. And a gentle reminder! Librarians for sure love to share, but please get permission from the guide owner before copying any guide. 🙂
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Added aria-hidden=”true” to the Font Awesome icons in the orange command bar to improve its accessibility.
- Fixed an issue causing the default guide to always show as the Content Match in the LTI Instance Details table, rather than true, single guide match. No data was lost; we were simply not displaying it correctly.
- We fixed an issue that occasionally caused the E-Reserves Request form to fail to submit.
Upcoming LibGuides Training Sessions:
- Springshare Learning Lab: Working at a Distance with Ken Winter, VDOT Research Library. Thursday, November 19, 2020, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Build-a-LibGuide w/LibCal: Keeping Staff Connected, Monday, November 23, 2020, 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
- LibGuides Basics, Monday, December 7, 2020, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
We have two new improvements to LibWizard: the ability to transfer a deleted user’s forms to another user, and an additional Referent Author’s full name (rft.au) OpenURL parameter mapping for the pre-filled form URLs.
Transfer existing forms to a new user when deleting a user
Managing a deleted user’s forms is easier now that you can transfer the users’s existing forms when deleting their account. Simply select the new owner of the forms when you delete the account from the Accounts management page.
Additional rft OpenURL parameter
We’ve added the rft.au (Referent Author’s full name) OpenURL parameter to field mapping when configuring pre-filled forms / surveys / quizzes / tutorials. Head to Form Options > Advanced > Configure URL settings to see this new parameter.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Fixed a display issue for individual feedback on multi-select checkbox fields.
- Fixed field rule causing for File Upload “has file” to work improperly.
- Fixed an issue causing embedded LibWizard forms to sometimes have the wrong height.
- Various (and sundry!) accessibility updates:
- Fixed keyboard accessibility for the URL and Tooltip, when displaying these for sites that will not display in an iFrame.
- Added aria-hidden=”true” to Font Awesome icons to make these decorative elements hidden from screen readers.
- Added aria-live=”assertive” to make “This field is required” messages accessible to screen readers.
- Eliminated role=”tab-group” where it appeared throughout, since it’s not a valid role.
- Added “Next Slide” and “Prev Slide” to language settings.
Upcoming LibWizard Training Sessions:
- Build An Embedded Tutorial, Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 2:00 – 2:40 p.m.
- Build-A-Survey with LibWizard, Thursday, December 3, 2020, 2:00 – 2:40 p.m.
We have a few new features we are bringing to your favorite shift-scheduling program:
Calendar Sync Improvements
- Added an email notification opt-in email for sync errors/issues (currently for Exchange OAuth sync errors only).
- Added a new tab to the Admin > Accounts page that shows the current Integration/Sync status for all accounts.
- Added the ‘Token Max Inactive Time” field to the Admin > Integrations page for the Exchange OAuth sync integration.
- Added a “Go To Date” function to the Schedule View for easy navigation.
- You can now show or hide the “Staff Required” column in the Scheduled Shifts report tab.
- You can now compose Rich Text in the Admin Alert box. Head to Admin > System Settings > Admin Alert to get started.
Also check out the LibStaffer release notes on the Springshare Lounge!
Last but not least, we have a few exciting LibInsight updates as well!
Why manually recreate an existing dashboard when you can just create and edit a copy of it?
You can either create a new dashboard from scratch or select a dashboard to copy from the Dashboard interface. Select Dashboards from the Command Bar to get started.
Rich Text Dashboard Row
Want to include a text explanation of a dashboard row? Now you can! Add a Rich Text row to any Dashboard by choosing “Rich Text” > Add Row while editing your Dashboard.
Other Improvements and Fixes
- We fixed the “Last Month” dashboard filter to include all hours of the last day of the month.
- We fixed an issue causing the Custom dataset cross tab statistics to include non-null values in the null column.
That’s it for this round of updates from Springy HQ. We would like to thank you, our user community, for sharing all your great ideas with us! We love making them a reality and look forward to bringing you many more improvements in 2020 and–very soon–in 2021. We are always here for you if have any suggestions or questions.