These releases are on their way to you next week, and will be live in all regions by the end of the day on Friday, May 15, 2020. May is a busy month for us here at Springy HQ! In addition to the new LibGuides and LibInsight features heading your way next week, the following week we will be bringing you a new Reports interface for LibCRM, as well as additional updates for LibAnswers. Keep your eyes here on our blog for more info about that release, coming soon.
Before we get to release details, we have a couple of exciting updates / announcements:
- We are switching all remaining LibCal, LibAnswers, and LibGuides sites to HTTPS-required this summer, starting in mid-June. We are 90% of the way there! This final push for the remaining sites will get us to 100%. If you are currently not requiring HTTPS for your site, we will be changing your site to required. Please stay tuned to your inboxes for more information, by around mid-June.
- Also upcoming to LibGuides, we are deprecating support for LibGuides API 1.0. If you are using LibGuides API 1.0, you will be contacted before this change is made. If you are not, you do not need to do anything.
Read about: LibGuides | LibInsight
LibGuides & LibApps
This month we’re excited to bring you a few changes to LibGuides, including the ability to require SSO login for LibApps, and an update to Tabbed Boxes.
Limit LibApps Login via SSO
Many of you have asked if you can pair your LibApps logins with your SSO, and now you can! With this release, you can do two things:
- Require SSO authentication for LibApps login.
- Limit that LibApps login to a group defined in your SSO.
In practice, this means that you can direct anyone who clicks “Login to LibApps” to your SSO login screen, which hides the LibApps login form from your users. If you further limit LibApps login to a group defined in your SSO, you can immediately remove someone from that group in order to revoke access to the admin side of all Springy apps. This is especially useful for larger institutions who need to revoke access when someone leaves, but who may not have time to remove all accounts at the drop of a hat.
Tabbed Boxes Now Powered by Bootstrap
We are in the process of retiring the jQuery-ui library for security reasons, and as part of that process have swapped it out for Bootstrap, for Tabbed Boxes on guides.
Here’s a screenshot preview of a new Tabbed Box:
Additional Features and Fixes
- We fixed an issue that caused guides in Internal Groups to be missing from the public guides list for people who are logged into LibApps. This fix also ensures that search results for guides in Internal Groups are displayed for people who are logged into LibApps.
- To help prevent accidental deletion of guides, we removed the option to delete a guide while on the editing screen. Go to Content > Guides to delete a guide. Protip: make and double-check an HTML backup first!
- To help prevent accidental breakage of LibGuides pages, we are introducing code that will examine Guide, Page, and Box title content to make sure that what is included there will not break the page. You can still include tags to make these titles bold or italicised, and you can still use a FontAwesome icon at the beginning of a title.
- To help prevent accidental breakage of LibGuides pages, we changed the way that Content Box and Blog Widgets are generated. Now, if you wish to use a Content Box Widget or a Blog widget outside of Springy products, you’ll check the box below to include jQuery.
- We fixed an issue affecting proper display of language keys for Books from the Catalog assets on guides in a group, where the group’s language differs from the system’s language (whew!).
- Lastly, we have a few accessibility fixes to bring you:
- Now when you navigate through a guide via the keyboard, your cursor will stop on the description fields for non-database assets.
- We fixed an issue preventing the saving of Alt Text when creating a new or editing an existing Book from the Catalog asset.
- We made the User Privacy Alert more accessible by making sure it is the element in the page first encountered by screen readers.
Upcoming LibGuides Training Sessions:
- LibGuides Admin – for the AU/NZ timezone!
- Building a LibGuide
- Build-a-LibGuides: Community Resources
- And more!
Also check out our recorded sessions! [Back to Top]
For this round of releases, we’ve been working behind the scenes once more on our code for LibAnswers, LibCal, LibGuides, and Google Analytics datasets! We’ve also fixed a couple issues, including one that caused user sessions to be fetched improperly in a LibGuides dataset.
Fixes and Improvements
- User sessions data is now fetched properly for the LibGuides dataset.
- In COUNTER 5 dataset analysis, we have changed the way that the Top 100 Databases / Journals / Books / Others Titles Report is generated, to ensure that you’re seeing the Top 100 Titles for each individual metric. Formerly, we pulled the Top 100 Titles by Total Item Investigations then sorted by other metrics.
- We fixed the issue with deselecting affecting the “Include Cost-Per-Use-Analysis” checkbox for COUNTER 5 analysis.
- The Daily Time-Based Analysis report no longer fails for date ranges beyond 364 days.
- The widget summary report (custom datasets) now lists the fields in their original order instead of alphabetically.
- The Custom Dataset Search and Replace tool now works with field data that contains slashes (‘/’).
- We’ve addressed a couple of color contrast accessibility issues throughout the app.
That’s it for this round of updates from Springy HQ. We would like to thank you, our user community, for sharing all your great ideas with us! We love making them a reality and look forward to bringing you many more improvements in 2020. We are always here for you if have any suggestions or questions.