We have some great updates coming by the end of this week to LibGuides, LibApps, and LibAuth to go with the official changing of the seasons. Happy fall to our fellow Northern Hemisphere denizens, and Happy Spring to our customers on the other side of the world!
To kick us off, we’re pleased to announce that you can now Export All Rows for LibGuides Homepage and Guides statistical reports. So many have requested this that I’m sure there will be fireworks and bonfires in celebration. 🙂 To export your results, just run a report from Statistics > Homepage or Statistics > Guides, then click the Export All button. No more paging through results! Just download and slice and dice to your heart’s content.
Also new in LibGuides:
If the database that you’re adding to a guide is hidden, you’ll see text indicating that:
Ability to edit the friendly URL of a blog post! Note that guide blogs must have friendly URLs assigned at the guide and page level for this feature to appear:
Ability to add Primo as a search source for LibGuides. Now you can add search results from your Primo system as a tab or Bento box in your LibGuides system. This will be available from LibAnswers search in a future release.
We try to do at least one accessibility fix each LibGuides release, and this one is no exception: If your databases’ descriptions are set to “hover over title” or “hover over (i) icon,” those pop-over descriptions aren’t read aloud when databases appear on a guide. Thanks for letting us know, Ken! We’ve fixed that in your honor. ❤️
We also have a swarm of little fixes to report:
- AZ Import > vendors are added and updated properly.
- AZ.php > the correct container class is applied when you use a custom footer.
- Accounts > Email options > Help ID has been corrected.
- Names now appear underneath profile boxes on the A-Z and Subject pages.
- XML exports sent to Summon now use the correct “last updated” date for guides.
- Accounts > Add > Contributor level is no longer grayed out.
- The Guides list filters properly when you have an apostrophe in a group name.
- We corrected an issue with password-protected reserves documents and the www version of a domain.
- Discussion Boards: Regular level accounts can invite patron accounts from the guide edit page.
- Guide edit > add editor > we fixed the ability to create a new Editor account from here.
- Custom metadata has been added to guides rendered via widgets (and therefore to LTI).
We have also done a ton of performance and optimization fixes all across the codebase, so you’ll see things like the Assets data table perform better.
Also don’t miss this month’s Brunch ‘n’ Learn: “LibGuides Lab Work-In: Hands-On Help for Your Staff.” Check out this and other LibGuides training sessions live, or watch recorded videos.
We have made a couple of improvements to LibApps as well. Now when you export all your LTI instances, the Content column just has the name of the matches content rather than the HTML link.
We also made it so that if you request that we remove your custom SSL certificate so that you can start using Let’s Encrypt (free!), there’s no gap in HTTPS coverage.
Over in LibAuth, we now support the Location attribute for SIP2 Connections, updated Federation metadata to use SHA256, and fixed an issue where the General pane of the LDAP configuration screen was not saved when you edited the login form tab.