On the heels of last month’s major LibCal Spaces update, this month we’re bringing the same types of accessibility and mobile-friendly updates to the Equipment Booking module! 🙂 This required some changes to the Equipment Booking grid and the booking details / confirmation pages, so if you’ve customized those, you’ll want to check your system post-update on August 16, 2017 (U.S. time) to make sure everything looks as it should. Remember, we’re here to help if you have any questions.
Here’s what’s new:
- The screens for Equipment Booking (the availability grid and the checkout process) are now fully accessible and mobile-optimized. The previous version was not fully up to par in this regard. We apologize for this omission, but we worked hard to address this problem quickly.
- Major API improvement: check whether or not the booking will go through, before actually making the booking! (This is applicable to the Spaces and Equipment APIs.)
- Admins can set up LibAuth rules on a Category-level and individual Item-level for Equipment pieces.
- Category-level mediators and visibility settings now available in Equipment Booking. Previously, the mediation and visibility was setup at the Location level only. This update introduces the same settings on the category level, for additional flexibility in organizing your Equipment Booking rules.
- Availability grid colors (for available slots, booked/unavailable slots, and “your selection” slots) are now customizable via color picker. The customized colors appear on both the public and admin sides of the system. Head to Admin > Equipment & Spaces > Settings to find these options.
We’ve also squashed several bugs and shined up some screens:
- When exporting lists of events via CSV, HTML is now stripped from the event description text.
- Closing hours no longer overlap with opening hours, so there’ll be no more entering the 4th dimension of the space-time continuum!
- The “system time” format now displays consistently in all modules (spaces, equipment booking, events, hours).
- The “Add Item” button no longer shows when Equipment Booking is disabled.
- Event organizer profiles now show on event pages when LibAuth is enabled.
- My Scheduler widgets now display properly within the LibApps LTI tool.
- You can now use calendar widgets from different locations on the same webpage.
- Fixed an issue where recurring bookings sometimes couldn’t be created before existing bookings.
- Fixed a display problem with the “no timeslots are available” message in widgets.
In addition to all of these changes and fixes, we’ve made further iterative improvements to the speed of the system, so the screens are now even zippier and more responsive. After August 16th, LibCal will be an even better calendaring and booking platform for libraries, but our work is not done. Your amazing feedback, suggestions, and ideas are central to our success, so please keep them coming! In the upcoming months we’ll release more updates based on customer feedback, so you can expect more good things to come LibCal’s way.
Thanks to everyone who contributed the ideas that went into this release! 🙂
-The Springshare Crew