Summer’s here, and with that comes events you want to share. We’ve added some new ways to show off your calendar events!
Social Media Sharing
You can now post your new events to Facebook and Twitter! In your calendar settings, there’s a new “social media” setting.
You can use any social media account you’ve set up in your LibApps dashboard, and even create templates for your posts.
Don’t want to share every event you make on a calendar? No problem, because this is something you can choose to do per-event. Don’t want to use the template you’ve made for a single event, or need to share a single event on Facebook but not Twitter? It’s all controllable when you’re making a new event.
Better Search for Repeating Events
Your calendar search can now show more relevant results when your users are looking for repeating events.
- Go to calendar settings>display options>public calendar page, and choose the reset to default template button to add this to your search results.
- If you’ve got an event search on your LibCal homepage, head to admin>look and feel>homepage editor and edit any event searches you have. Again, choose the reset to default template button!
- If you’ve customized the homepage or calendar templates, that’s ok too- use the support tab and ask for the new keyword info, and we’ll send the details to you.
Now your recurring events will have a “show more dates” link which reveals the next 15 times that event appears.
Language Options for Equipment and Spaces!
You can now customize the default text for your equipment booking or for your spaces, or both! Head over to admin>system settings>language options to get started. We’ve also got info on where every piece of text can be found to make it easier for you to customize.
Additional Fixes and Features
- You can now add internal notes to space bookings, and mark if a user showed up to their booking.
- Individual categories within a location can now have their own terms and conditions as well as descriptions.
- Individual categories can now use their own partial email templates, which are inserted into the location’s emails. Email templates now display a preview of emails they’ll send.
- My Scheduler users can now override their own free/busy settings when scheduling appointments.
- We’ve revamped the equipment overdues tab to make it easily sortable with more useful filters.
- You can now print a space’s bookings using the print option:
We’ve also added a kiosk view to the print page:
This button will give you a link to today’s bookings, which you can use for your room signage.