Springshare’s heading to the ALA-Midwinter Annual Conference in Atlanta, January 20 – 23. And, we’ve got a totally rocking schedule of flash presentations, coloring time, team Libe vs. Lib buttons, and more. Plus, you won’t want to miss out on seeing how your fellow librarians use Springshare tools at Booth 1056.
- LibGuides: New Updates to the Gallery Box & A-Z Management – Don’t miss out on the awesome new (and coming soon!) features!
- Times: Sat, 11am; Sun, 9:30am; Mon, 12:30pm
- LibGuides: Engage Students Inside Courseware – Create a scalable embedded library presence right inside your courseware tool.
- Times: Sat, 3pm; Mon, 10:30am
- LibWizard: Interactive Learning – Learn how you can build interactive quizzes and tutorials with integrated multimedia.
- Times: Fri, 6:30pm; Mon, 9:30am
- *New* LibCRM – A Custom Relations Management Tool designed for Libraries.
- Times: Sat, 4pm; Sun, 1:30pm
- LibAnswers: Social Media Management – Engage with users via your Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest platforms and publish/schedule posts seamlessly from one interface.
- Times: Sat, 1:30pm; Sun, 10:30am
- *New* LibCal: Equipment Booking – We’ve integrated equipment bookings inside of LibCal.
- Times: Sat, 10:30am; Sun, 3pm; Mon, 11:30am
- LibInsight: Big Data @ Your Library – Your answer to the big data problem.
- Time: Sun, 11:30am
We have an extraordinary lineup of 8 guest presenters doing 7 separate flash presentations. Don’t miss out on seeing how they’re using Springshare tools to provide stellar service.
Friday, Jan 20: View Entire Day’s Schedule
5:45pm – 6:00pm
Using LibGuides v2 as a platform for content delivery, student voting and resource sharing, students in an introductory English Composition class play a learning game. In the game, teams of students must use library tools to research information about a ghost whose legacy has been underrepresented in the historic record.
6:00pm – 6:15pm
When I taught a section of a small, in-person information skills course, I used LibGuides as a course management system. I also had each student create a personal LibGuide and update it with library resources on a chosen topic throughout the course.
Saturday, Jan 21: View Entire Day’s Schedule
10:00am – 10:15am
The Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) Model Lending Library has a unique collection of physical models and materials designed to assist in molecular learning. The library makes these models available for short-term loan, using the LibCal Equipment Booking Module.
1:00pm – 1:15pm
The Center@Midway for Teaching Excellence and Innovation promotes ongoing academic program enhancement and faculty development. The Center quickly found itself in need of an efficient way to communicate with faculty and students regarding their immediate and future needs. We turned to LibGuides and LibAnswers.
2:30pm – 2:45pm
These onboarding tutorials comprise the required onboarding components for student workers, paraprofessionals, and professional library staff on library services topics such as cataloging procedures, circulation procedures, serials procedures, WorkFlows (Library Management System) procedures, opening/closing duties, in addition to other library policies and procedures.
Sunday, Jan 22: View Entire Day’s Schedule
1:00pm – 1:15pm
By embedding outside tools like Office Mix, Google Forms, and Adobe Captivate into a LibGuide, I created gradable tests and quizzes, tutorials, and other interactive materials, all of which are accompanied by digital badges. I used LibWizard and a tool called TubeChop to add assessment to YouTube videos and make them more engaging.
2:00pm – 2:15pm
Use LibGuides to promote your library programming grants! Troy University Libraries used LibGuides to promote their 2016 Banned Books Week grant activities and we have also created a LibGuide to promote our NEA Big Read events.