We were busy beavers at Springy HQ during the late summer and early fall! Here are a few highlights from the features that have been added recently to LibGuides 2. For a full list, log into your site and check out the Known Issues / Latest Code Release guide in the Help area.
- Search boxes – create a box to search your LibGuides system or to search your A-Z list.
- Users – create a list of accounts in your system. Each link goes to a profile page.
- Tags – create a list or cloud of the tags in your system.
- Groups (CMS only) – create a list of your groups. Fully Restricted groups are not included.
- As in version 1, you can create courses and items in support of classwork at your institution.
- New! Reuse items from course to course.
- Go to Content > E-Reserves to get started, or contact Sales@springshare.com to inquire about adding this module.
Serials Solutions (by ProQuest) Database Import – Import and update your database assets automatically!
- Go to Admin > System Settings > Proxy & Library Systems and enter your Serials Solutions client ID.
- Go to Content > Assets > A-Z List > Import Databases to import new or update existing assets.
- The import is not a destructive process, but updating does overwrite the database titles, URLs, and descriptions in LibGuides. The information in your Serials Solutions Client Center should be considered the record-of-record.
Public Pages Templates – Want to experiment with the layout of your non-guide pages? With templates, you can create new layouts for your A-Z list, Subject pages, Profile pages, the Search results page, or your Homepage. Move boxes around or add custom boxes as you see fit.
LibSurveys content type – Bring Surveys and Forms from LibSurveys into your LibGuides CMS system.
XML export – go to Tools > Data Export to retrieve an XML export of your LibGuides system.
You asked – we listened! A partial list of features requested by YOU and implemented over the last few weeks:
- Gallery box images rotate automatically when viewing a guide (not when editing).
- You can proxy your Google Scholar links–or not!
- Rich Text items found in Search & Replace link to the guide in which they appear (coming soon: edit assets right from S&R!)
- Choose how you display database descriptions: below item, on hover, or not at all.