Good morning SpringyLand! We rolled out a code update last night, including our hugely anticipated Statistics Update – huzzah! What’s new this time?
Statistics, You Complete Me.
We’ve completely redesigned the way we capture and report statistics:
- Daily stats reports – goodbye monthly aggregate stats!
- Custom Date Ranges – run reports on any date range, and create daily, monthly, or yearly reports
- Charts? Charts! – Create zoomable charts right in the system, and print/export them into any program.
- New Links Report – Reused link clicks are aggregated *across your entire site* in one glorious report.
- Mobile Views – Check! Discover whether hits are coming from mobile vs. desktop users.
- And, for LibGuides CMS (formerly CampusGuides) users, we have brand new stat reports just for you! Grab reports on Search Phrases (the terms users search for in your site search box) User Sessions, and Browser/OS Information.
These new stats cover dates starting as of July 1, 2012.
Integration Made Easy.
We’ve added several major integration points and improvements with LibAnswers:
- Add a LibChat Department Widget to every page in your site with one click (Sys Settings -> Integrations)
- Add a LibChat Personal Widget to your profile box with one click (Edit Profile Box -> LibChat Integration)
- The LibAnswers box-type got a huge upgrade – with one click, you can:
- Embed the Auto-suggest Search Box, OR
- Embed your Question Form, OR
- Embed an entire Question & Answer from your public knowledgebase!
But Wait, There’s More!
- New API Option – display a list of guides for an individual user
- Redirected Pages can now be opened in new windows, using the new checkbox option
- Tweet Updates on published AND private guides
- New Character Counter & Tag Parser in the plain-text area of the Rich Text box
- Mobile Footer customization now available
As always, thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and requests for this update!