What’s not to love about Nashville? Great food? Check. Energetic vibe? Check. Amazing live music everywhere you turn? Check and check. We had a great time at the Public Library Association’s Annual Conference last week in Nashville. Springshare’s booth, not unlike the Grand Ole Opry, was absolutely jamming – we got to experience several amazing guest presentations, chat with clients and answer their questions, and munch on a few of those mini-tacos opening night (okay, maybe more like 15 – but who’s counting?!). In case you were #PLAleftbehind, we recorded our amazing guest speakers and a few of our own Springshare-led presentations. So kick back, relax, grab a mini-taco (or 15), and enjoy our post-conference wrap-up!
While we had a great time during PLA in Nashville, our thoughts go out to this vibrant city that suffered a devastating tornado just days after the conference ended. Many lives were lost and we are saddened by the destruction this wonderful city experienced. You’re in our thoughts.
Guest Speakers (15 minutes or less)
Sara discusses how they use LibAnswers for supporting online reference at the St. Charles City-County Library system.
Brigid and Katie explore how they use LibCal to manage the public room reservations at the John P. Hold Brentwood Library.
Victor showcases how he is using LibCal as the foundation for his different programming activities. Using examples from his work with graduate students, he shows how LibCal can be used to develop, coordinate, and manage programming at any type of library, and across various locations/campuses.
Gianna showcases how the Boston Public Library system schedules 300+ staffers across 20+ branches inside one LibStaffer system.
Springshare-Led Presentations (15 minutes or less)
These amazing presentations are led by Springys! Not only do they contain really helpful info but also sneak-peeks at coming-soon functionality! Be on the cutting edge by checking them out below.
- Create Interactive Summer Reading Lists, Staff Picks, & More with LibGuides – Learn how to create amazing reading lists to share with your patrons. We cover how to add books from the catalog, use gallery boxes to create beautiful book carousels, and use links to get users to canned catalog searches, ebooks, and more.
- LibCal & BiblioEvents Integration – Explore a unique integration between BiblioEvents and LibCal’s Spaces Bookings! Staff who are scheduling events in BiblioEvents will be able to check and reserve rooms for that event inside LibCal Spaces.
- Create Events & Book Spaces with Equipment Seamlessly – Make use of seamless integration within LibCal. Create an event and book spaces and equipment at the same time.
- Count Library Activity with LibInsight – Use LibInsight to help you keep track of your library’s activity. Record and analyze reference questions, door counts, circulation numbers, event statistics, and more.
- Staff Workers, Volunteers, & Pages with LibStaffer – Whether juggling multiple service points with different staffing needs and duties, or handling restrictions on who can work when and for how long, LibStaffer takes the hard work out of staffing and scheduling so you have time for more important projects.
- Answer Patron Questions with LibAnswers… Even When They’re Not in the Library – Provide patrons with live chat reference from your library website, catalog, or any webpage with optional 24/7 coverage. Turn frequently asked questions into searchable FAQs and answer patron tweets, Facebook posts/DMs, and SMS/Texts all from one interface.
- Train Staff and Volunteers with LibWizard’s Self-Guided Tutorials – Learn how you can use LibWizard’s interactive tutorials and quizzes to internally train staff and volunteers. Learning is self-paced, self-grading, and provides opportunities for formative assessment.
- Charge for Events, Spaces & Equipment – Explore how LibCal’s billing module helps you charge for events, room bookings, and equipment reservations. Charge for consumable things like art supplies, 3D printing materials, and more. Collect payment online (credit card / debit card) or in-person (cash / check). Offer special discount codes that apply towards payment.
Want to Be a Springy Presenter?
If you’re looking at Victor’s, Gianna’s, or Sara’s presentations and thinking to yourself, “I have cool stuff to share, too!”… then you’re in luck! We’re looking for guest speakers for the ALA Annual Conference (June 26 – 29)! Take a minute and fill out our Springy Rockstars Wanted form.