We have been working hard at Springy HQ to bring you some exciting LibGuides updates and improvements. This month we’ve worked quite a lot on the back end (and are working on a complete rewrite of LibAuth!) to make various pieces of LibGuides work faster and more smoothly, as well as these features and fixes. This code update will be released to all regions by the end of this week. If you don’t see them yet, it means we haven’t updated your region’s servers yet. 🙂
Security & Privacy Updates
reCAPTCHA on the password reset page – Forgot your password? No problem! Now when you need to reset your password, you’ll see that familiar “I am not a robot” checkbox that you’ve probably seen in lots of other places. This added layer of protection will prevent bots from successfully submitting this request.
Code check for Media/Widget assets
Have you ever pasted some code into a widget asset and gotten some really unexpected results? Sometimes code copied from another site contains incomplete HTML or is missing a closing tag or two. Never fear! We’ve implemented a check when saving new widget code. If you happen to write or paste HTML code that is missing a tag or that contains tags that will mess up your guide, we’ll warn you!
Smaller fixes and features
- We updated our back-end processing for importing information from Serials Solutions.
- We fixed a bug that prevented database description popovers from closing after a database opened in a new tab.
- We fixed a bug preventing the yearly guide stats from updating on the system homepage.
- We fixed an error preventing people from subscribing to a blog from a secondary site domain.
- All new LibCal, LibGuides, and LibAnswers app installations will be set to require HTTPS.
- We fixed an issue with the character counter for guide custom JS/CSS code.
- When you publish a previously-saved draft blog post, the page now refreshes properly.
- We fixed an issue that caused the assets data table to break if you assigned dozens of subjects to an asset.
- We removed outdated export buttons from the Content > Guides page. Use the Export All features to export this information.