Springshare’s heading to the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, June 23 – 26. Not only do we have a totally rocking schedule of flash presentations, guest speakers, but we’re also introducing a ton of new buttons and stickers. We’re anticipating that these will go quickly, so swing by Booth 1647 to snag yours and learn how your fellow librarians are using Springshare tools.
New Buttons/Stickers @ALA-Chicago
Product Flash Presentations
- LibGuides: Better Manage Your A-Z Databases – New LibGuides database management tools help you efficiently and effectively Manage your A-Z list.
- Times: Fri, 5:45pm; Sat, 10am; Sun, 10:30am
- LibGuides: Engage Students Inside Courseware – Create a scalable embedded library presence right inside your courseware tool.
- Times: Sat, 3:30pm; Sun, 1:30pm
- LibWizard: Interactive Learning & New Community Site – Check-out our new LibWizard community site and learn how you can build interactive quizzes and tutorials with rich multimedia.
- Times: Fri, 6:30pm; Sat, 2:30pm; Sun, 3:30pm
- *New* LibCRM – A Customer Relations Management Tool designed for Libraries.
- Times: Sat, 11am; Sun, 2:30pm
- LibAnswers: Chat So Good, You’ll Throw Your Mouth Away – Our latest LibChat updates will leave you drooling!
- Times: Sun, 9:30am; Mon, 11:30am
- *New* LibCal: Equipment Booking – We’ve integrated equipment bookings inside of LibCal.
- Times: Sat, 12pm; Sun, 11:30am; Mon, 9:30am
- LibInsight: Big Data @ Your Library – Your answer to the big data problem.
- Time: Sat, 4pm; Mon, 10:30am
We have an extraordinary lineup of 4 guest presenters. Don’t miss out on seeing how they’re using Springshare tools to provide stellar service.
Friday, June 23: View Entire Day’s Schedule
6:00pm – 6:15pm
This presentation will cover how the VDOT communicates library information, created a mobile-first library website, and stayed in compliance with state security and regulations.
Sat, June 24: View Entire Day’s Schedule
2:00pm – 2:15pm
The Bailey Library recently created a new Research Toolkit using LibGuides that includes online tutorials for teaching students information literacy skills. This presentation will include a Research Toolkit created with LibGuides CMS and enhanced with LibWizard interactive learning tutorials with assessments.
3:00pm – 3:15pm
The UMass Lowell library is developing a software platform for collecting, cataloging, preserving and effectively sharing knowledge of all kinds. We call this the LearningForce—a way to focus and concentrate library resources, broad-based academic support services, and open educational resources around a single, overarching goal—student success.
Sun, June 25: View Entire Day’s Schedule
1:00pm – 1:15pm
Shifting from a list of databases and print books to a research “jumpstart” model improves reference efficiency, enhances student research skills, and allows librarians to model what academic resources look like. Shifting our Literature LibGuide to the “jumpstart” model tripled our usage and has improved the reference transaction, student outcomes, and faculty buy-in.