LibGuides v2 servers will be down for planned upgrades for about 90 minutes on Friday, February 13th starting at 10pm U.S. EST / 7pm PST.
Why the down time for this release? Well, we’re making some updates that require database changes while no one is using the system. 🙂
This only affects LibGuides v2. Our other products – LibAnswers, LibStaffer, LibCal, etc. – and LibGuides v1 are unaffected.
It may be happening on Friday the 13th, but don’t be scared! This scheduled down time of our LibGuides v2 servers isn’t scary – it’s exciting!
When you come back to work on Monday morning (or over the weekend, if that’s your gig), you’ll have both shiny new and revised functionality to play with. Things like:
- changes in the way Assets work (based on your feedback, Regular users will be able to edit Assets they don’t own on guides where they are a Guide Editor)*;
- guide-level XML export;
- more API options (CMS only);
- URL referrers in the stats area (CMS only);
- and so much more!
The actual down time may vary slightly, but will be about 90 minutes, so please plan accordingly. (Btw, this is a great use for LibAnswers’ Systems & Services Management tool!)
We’ll have more info for you about the release soon, so keep an eye on our blog.
Here’s what users will see if they go to your site during the down time:
* More info on the Assets thing:
- Regular users will be able to edit Assets they don’t own on guides where they are a Guide Editor;
- If Regular users reuse an Asset someone else created, they can edit certain fields to customize them for that particular instance of the Asset, but those edited fields do not affect the original or any other mapped version;
- Changes to the original Asset still cascade down to all mapped versions, though customized fields will not be affected;
Let us know if you have any questions and thanks for being part of the Springshare family! 🙂