MIAMI (February 9, 2024) - Springshare, a leading cloud software vendor for libraries, has debuted Interactive Tutorials, now available in all LibWizard Full systems. With Interactive Tutorials, creators add content slides, then overlay interactive components to create an engaging learning experience for students and patrons.
Interactive Tutorials allow libraries to guide their users through tutorial content, provide self-paced instruction, and assess patrons’ progress and understanding. Furthermore, creators can use the new interaction types to design virtual escape rooms, interactive puzzle slides, choose-your-own-adventure scenarios, and other creative applications.
"Our goal is to give libraries a tool for creating rich, accessible, and engaging web experiences," said Slaven Zivkovic, Springshare Founder and CEO. “Interactive Tutorials are a natural expansion of our existing LibWizard quizzes and tutorials, but we've brought an increased focus to enhancing the interactivity between users and the tutorial content being presented to them."
Creators of Interactive Tutorials can:
- Build a series of image or video content slides, with optional welcome and thank you slides.
- Add interactions to engage users as they proceed through the tutorial:
- Annotations/callouts point to a specific area on a slide and display supplemental information.
- Hotspots highlight an area on the slide and open a tooltip modal with annotations.
- Questions allow for assessment, feedback, and graded quizzing.
- Widgets display embeddable content, like videos, directly over the image slide.
- Change the order of interactions on a slide, which assists users who are navigating the tutorial using a keyboard or assistive technology.
- Configure custom permissions, visibility, look and feel, submission settings, and more.
- Share the tutorial with users by linking directly to its URL or embedding the tutorial in a webpage using the provided button widget code.
Tutorials are only available to LibWizard Full subscribers. Contact the Springshare Sales Team for details about subscribing to LibWizard or upgrading from LibWizard Lite to the full LibWizard Platform. To see a demo of Interactive Tutorials in action, attend a live webinar on Thursday, February 15 at 2pm ET.
Springshare helps libraries and educational institutions elevate their online presence to better serve and engage their users online. Founded in 2007, Springshare serves over 7,500 institutions across more than 100 countries.