Providing an Unparalleled Way to Promote Your Online Resources
MIAMI (June 6, 2023) - Springshare is thrilled to unveil the revitalized A-Z Database List for LibGuides. The new A-Z module brings all LibGuides subscribers a more powerful and flexible A-Z resource management tool complete with a fully refreshed look-and-feel and exciting features to help patrons access their library’s online resources.
"We know that databases and online resources costs are a big part of library budgets. It's important we help libraries and their patrons get the most out of these resources," said Slaven Zivkovic, Springshare Founder and CEO. "These new features will make it easier than ever before for librarians to connect patrons to the right resource at the point of need."
Coming in June, key updates to the A-Z List module include:
- Dedicated database landing pages to share documentation and tutorials tailored to that resource (and it’s great for SEO!).
- Expanded field support with full rich text editing capabilities.
- Ability to customize the display order for librarian-curated "Best Bets."
- Custom flags, in addition to the standard "New", "Trial", and "Popular."
- A card-style layout for a clean and efficient look that works great on mobile.
- "Access issue alert" feature to inform patrons of any access issues for a particular database.
In addition to these features available to all LibGuides users, LibGuides CMS subscribers will soon be able to set up multiple A-Z Lists to keep all of their online tools and resources organized and accessible, and access additional analytics capabilities providing further insight into which resources are most used and from where.
With the new A-Z interface, librarians will get the first peek at a modern look using the latest Bootstrap user interface framework - a taste of where the rest of LibGuides is going next!
Springshare software helps libraries engage with their communities and deepen relationships with users. Our SaaS suite is used by over 7,500 libraries in 106 countries around the world.