We have a post-Halloween treat to share with all the LibCal fans out there – the 2.6.2 update is now live! This update includes all treats and no tricks, with updates to the Equipment Booking module and expanded administrative controls in the Events module, including registrations and waiting lists.
Equipment Booking Updates
- Automatically Cancel Reservations if not picked up on time – If patrons don’t pick up equipment in a timely fashion, release it so it’s available to the public! You’ll find this setting under Admin > Equipment > Edit Location – set the amount of time the system should wait before releasing the reservation back to being publicly available, and LibCal will do the rest!
- Adjust Due Date If Item Picked Up Early – If patrons come to pick up an item ahead of schedule (and it happens to be available at that time), LibCal Equipment Booking will automatically adjust the due date based on the time the item was actually picked up.
- New Catalog Layout Options – We’ve added simple customizations for the new Equipment & Rooms catalog pages. Admins can head to Admin > Equipment & Rooms > Catalog Settings to access these new controls – create simple page customizations using mustache templates, and choose how many items to display per page by default.
- Include Terms & Conditions in Emails – We’ve added a new token for automated system emails, so you can include your terms & conditions as part of email confirmations and reminders that are sent to patrons.
LibCal Event Updates
We have several popularly requested features in LibCal Events to share. Event management is getting some sweet updates this time around, including:
- Add a new registrant from the Admin side – We’ve made it much easier to manage new registrants over the phone or at the front desk – now, you can register patrons for events from the admin side of the system. Head to the calendar and click on any event that requires registration – you’ll see a new option to “Add Registration”. When you add a new registration, the person you registered will still receive a confirmation email & any other reminders that folks who self-registered receive.
- Waitlist order can be rearranged on the Admin side – Need to switch around the waitlist order to promote a particular user to the top of the list? Now you can! Just head to calendar and click on any event that includes a waitlist, and use the new arrow options to move someone to the top of the list.