Awesome new LibCal calendars are coming your way. We’ll perform a code update on November 5th, to introduce many new features to LibCal. There will be no downtime. The biggest change you’ll notice is the way Calendars display – they’ll be much more flexible, super customizable, and a whole lot prettier. View a video walkthrough of the awesome new features.
jQuery Calendars – yeah!
The new Calendars are based on the jQuery library, so they’re standardized and look a lot nicer and more functional right out of the box – the most popular customizations will happen by default. In addition, you’ll have greater flexibility in customizing individual calendar elements. View the new features.
Important to know:
If you’ve customized the CSS for your calendar display, those customizations will no longer work. We are very sorry for the inconvenience – due to the complete overhaul of the Calendar displays and standardizing on jQuery, the old methods of customizing elements won’t work. We’re at the ready to help you customize the new calendars – email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you with anything you need.
The Awesome Details:
Here are some of the customizations that are now super-duper easy:
- Event Title Height in the Monthly calendar view will re-size automatically
- Day Height in the Monthly calendar view will re-size automatically to accommodate all events
- Color Customizations can be done using the new Color Settings menu
- Time Display Customizations can be done using the new Display Options menu
In addition to the vast improvements to the display, we’re also rolling out several frequently requested features, including:
- View multiple calendars & events in one display
- Event Mouse-overs show key event information, including categories, location, presenters, and description
- Event Explorer lets you search, filter, display, and export event & registrant info for an entire calendar
- Display Filters – filter events by multiple libraries & categories
- Print Friendly View makes it easy to print calendars
We’re way excited about these new calendar display options and features – we’re confident that this update will make your LibCal system easier to manage, prettier, and more user-friendly!
Onwards and upwards,
Slaven Zivkovic & the Springshare Team
Pingback: LibCal Update Now Live! « Springshare Support Blog