The LibCal mapping add-on module was released a few weeks ago and we know you've been dying to get your virtual hands on it. And now's your chance! We've released some fun interactive examples for you to explore and navigate [end of puns]. Plus, if you want an in-depth dive including front and back-end screens, sign up for a webinar below!
Endless Use Cases
LibCal's Interactive Mapping module is more than just booking seats and spaces! Use it for wayfinding, creating virtual library tours, communicating important information about policies and departmental hours, and more. We'll cover all these examples, and other ideas, in the live webinars.
Functionality Coming Down the Pike
We wouldn't be Springshare if we didn't have big plans.
- Heatmap Functionality - This feature will overlay booking data and frequency on library maps showing which spaces/seats are more popular than others and where most popular spaces/seats are located. This is a great tool for optimizing the layouts of your library spaces to meet user needs.
- Subject Holdings Integration - we'll expand the wayfinding ability to include subject holdings data shown on interactive maps – and integrating this with ILS and discovery platforms so that users can see the exact location of a given book right inside your ILS/discovery search.
Interactive Examples - Time to Play!
Academic Library Example
- Multiple floors
- Wayfinding features for non-reservable library assets (1st Floor > Cafe)
- Nested maps (1st Floor > Computer Lab)
Public Library Example
- Stacked floor map display
- Wayfinding features for non-reservable library assets (1st Floor > Non-Fiction)
- Nested maps (1st Floor > Teen Space)
Community College Library Example
- Single floor map
- Wayfinding features for non-reservable library assets (Reference Desk)
- Reservable Spaces only / no Seat-level reservations
Live In-Depth Webinars
All webinars listed below are in U.S. Eastern Time. Can't attend live, register to get the recording!
- Registration for these events close two hours before start time.
- One hour before the event, you will receive an email with instructions for signing into the event.
- If you wish to only receive the recording, please disregard this email.
- When registering, please use your institution email address and not a Gmail or general email address.
- Using a general email address may delay your registration and ability to attend this webinar.
Thursday, August 5
1:30pm - 2:00pm US ET.
Thursday, August 12
2:00pm - 2:30pm US ET.