S'mores. Campfire stories. Sweet sweet watermelon. Ahhhh, summertime! And with summer, comes our yearly free virtual user conference - SpringyCamp! This year, we're doing things a bit differently - we're hosting 4 different tracks/themes over four separate days. Come to all of them, or mix and match... whatever works for you.
What to Expect at SpringyCamp:
- SpringyCamp is a User Conference, with a fun camp-like vibe that is designed to be both fun and informative.
- Presentations represent overviews of projects that clients have done at their libraries. We do not offer training or instruction during these sessions, but attendees are encouraged to ask questions.
- Each track runs for a set amount of time and individual presentation lengths vary; attendees are encouraged to attend an entire track rather than target a single presentation. If you wish to only attend a specific presentation, we suggest waiting for the recording.
- Interaction makes camp more fun, so please participate in the Springshare Lounge and ask questions during the Q&A portions of presentations.
- All sessions will have live AI transcription via Otter.ai.
- All presenters are volunteers and we greatly appreciate their time and effort putting together these presentations.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy for trolling and rude behavior / comments.
Registration is Now Open!
We opened registration for SpringyCamp this week, so now's the time to signup! SpringyCamp always sells out, so register quickly before all the virtual seats are gone.
Programs Aplenty using LibWizard Tutorials
Kayla Harris and Katy Kelly, University of Dayton
Harnessing LibCal Seat Reservation Data to Improve Library Spaces
Jena Styka, Case Western Reserve University
Using a Design System to Reimagine Events in LibCal
Maura Ferrarini, Harvard University
Finding UNITY in the Community: LibGuides as Tools of Inclusion
Jessica Riedmueller, Dr. Taine Duncan, and Hannah Hanshaw, University of Central Arkansas
Track 2: What It Means to Be a Librarian in a Pandemic World
Wednesday, August 25, 12:30 - 2:15 PM US ET
Springing Up Everywhere, Extending Springshare Across Our University and Beyond
Phil Cheeseman and Stephen Robinson, Lancaster University (UK)
Try Everything: Using LibGuides and LibWizard to Bring Library Events Online
Rachel Valentine, Blinn College
Searching For Evidence in the Health Professions: Creating a Robust Guide That Meets the Needs of Users
Carrie Price, Towson University
Track 3: Hello Hybrid: Rethinking Working Environments and Patron Services
Thursday, September 2 1:00 - 3:00 PM US ET
1 Year Later: Empowering Staff and Facilitating Hybrid Work Environments with LibAnswers
Amanda Scull, Dartmouth College Biomedical Libraries
Find us Online: Using LibGuides to Enhance Public Programs for All Ages
Kristen Rodriguez and Sarah Divine, NSU Alvin Sherman Library
Poster Session: A room with a Library View
Paul Betty, Regis University
Thinking Outside the LibGuides Box: Collaboration and Widgets to Enhance Your Research Guides
Kimberly Plassche and Carolyn Klotzbach-Russell, State University of New York at Buffalo
Streamline Your Design Process with the UX Brief
Leigh Jackson and Stephanie Quail, York University (CA)
When a Guide is Not a Guide: Using LibGuides CMS for Web Design Emily Underwood, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Can I do that on my phone? Redesigning the LibCal Homepage for Mobile
Teresa Copeland, Grand Canyon University
Next level LibGuides: Design, Templates and Training
Kat Cain and Danielle Johnson, Deakin University (AU)
Join the Springshare Lounge and Connect with Colleagues
Get ready for campfire chatter and engage with presenters by joining the Springshare Lounge! The lounge is a great place to meet colleagues, engage in conversations, contribute to discussion and more. You can even collect badges! Join for camp and stay for the community. The Lounge community discusses site customizations and best practices daily! Looking to brainstorm some CSS customization ideas? Want to stay up-to-date with our Release Notes and VPAT information? The lounge is the place to be.
The Lounge is for current Springyshare clients only, we do confirm that registrants are current clients to keep out any unwanted solicitors. Membership is typically approved within 24 hours.
Will We See You There?
We hope to see you at SpringyCamp, but if you can't attend - all sessions will be recorded and made available on the SpringyCamp website. And don't forget to bring your favorite fishing pole and s'mores stick - because we're going to have a campin good time!