Springshare is pleased to announce that we are bringing data centers online around the world in order to better serve all of our clients, everywhere! As of April 10, 2017, our European clients will be hosted on servers in Europe. In Q2, Q3, and Q4 we’ll bring servers online in Canada, Australia, and Asia, respectively.
These new servers host v2 products only: LibGuides v2, E-Reserves v2, LibAnswers v2, LibCal v2 w/Equipment Booking, LibStaffer, LibWizard, LibInsight, and LibCRM. Once you move to this new cluster, all of your Springshare tools (current and future) are located there.
Who is moving & will there be down time?
We’re moving all v2 sites and content for customers located in Europe. For customers in other areas of the world, you will remain on U.S. servers, and there will be no down time for you while we move these sites.
European customers will experience some down time during the migration process:
- LibGuides v2 Public side: No down time.
- LibGuides v2 Admin side and all other apps (both public and admin sides): Up to 30 minutes of down time.
I’m in Europe – what do I need to do / know?
- Migration Date: April 9, 2017, starting at 8pm U.S. EDT
Time Converter – click “Add another city or time zone” to convert to your location.
- Verify Your Move – Server Migration Check: You must verify that you are listed as moving to the European servers.
- If you are listed as moving, your sites will be moved / you will experience some down time during the migration (see above).
- If you are listed as not moving, but you should be moving, fill out the form on the results screen, requesting we add you.
- If are listed as moving, but you’d like to opt-out of the move, fill out the form on the results screen, requesting we remove you.
- LibGuides / LibAnswers / LibCal Custom Domains: If you have a custom domain (e.g., research.mylibrary.org, ask.myschool.ac.uk, calendar.library.myschool.ac.uk) for your LibGuides, LibAnswers, and/or LibCal site(s), you’ll need to work with your IT department to update your DNS records in time for the migration. See our DNS Change FAQ for instructions.If you are not on a custom domain (e.g., mylib.libguides.com, university.libanswers.com, springylib.libcal.com), you do not need to do anything. We’ll take care of everything on our side.
If you’re on v1 for any apps and want to move to the European server cluster, you will need to move to v2 in order to do so. You do not have to move prior to the April 9, 2017 server migration date, though you’re welcome to, if you’d like! Learn more about updating to LibGuides v2, LibAnswers v2, LibCal v2, and for LibAnalytics subscribers, LibInsight Lite.
If any questions / concerns pop up, please let us know, and as always, thanks for being on board!