We have lots of exciting changes for LibWizard to share! With this update we’re introducing fully customizable language options, new Patron data fields for Name, Phone, & Email, plus a bevy of bug fixes and smaller updates.
But first, we have exciting news – LibWizard’s move to a new server infrastructure is complete. We moved to a new infrastructure with multiple backup and recovery points, which will enable us to restore data with minimal loss (about one minute prior to failure) should the need ever arise – in other words the problem we had a couple of weeks ago will not happen again. The fact that we were able to execute this complex move without any downtime or disruptions comes as a nice cherry on top. 🙂
With this update, we’ve made it easy to change the language used for any element in the system. Site admins now have the ability to change any word or phrase throughout the system, everything from the previous and next buttons to the “Thanks!” button on the closing Thank You screen, to the alert messages that help patrons know what information to enter in a field. To start customizing your site’s language, head to Admin > Language Settings.
Patron Information Fields
In this update, we’ve added 3 new fields to make capturing personal information from your patrons a whole lot easier. In the builder, you’ll now find fields that represent a patron’s Name, Email, and Phone Number. These fields offer simple masking, to help patrons enter information in the correct format. This helps ensure that if you ask people for their phone number, they’ll enter all required numbers. And better yet, for our LibCRM clients, these new fields tie directly into LibCRM, so form, survey, quiz and assessment submissions can be automatically captured and filed as part of the LibCRM record of contact.
Updates and Fixes
- Improved Export Options – We’ve made major improvements to the data export options from the reports area in LibWizard.
- Corrected Grading – In this update, we corrected a bug that occasionally cropped up in the “checkbox” field type; if there were multiple correct answers and a correct answer was required to continue, the grade for that field was reported incorrectly. We’ve since fixed this, and the fix is backward compatible, so all reports will now reflect the correct grade.
- Corrected Preview Grading – Some folks noted that correct and incorrect answers were sometimes color-coded incorrectly in the “preview” area of reports. In these instances, the grading was still being calculated correctly, but answers were sometimes the incorrect color. This is now back to normal!
- LibWizard Favicon – We’ve added a pretty, pink favicon image to LibWizard, so it’s easier to tell which tab in your browser has LibWizard open.
- Date Field Validation – We’ve added basic validation to the Date field, so patrons will be prompted to enter a date in the correct format, and can’t submit non-date-related characters.
As always, thanks to everyone who contributed ideas for this release! We truly love hearing your ideas and feedback and look forward to hearing what you think!